Monday, June 18, 2012

Design Synopsis: Pranet Koli ( Pra - Net - Koli)



Design Synopsis: 

Initial Designing :  Pranet Koli ( Pra - Net - Koli)


  • Pra :  Sanskrit Defines "Pra" As Complete Source.
    • As  Sanskrit Defines "Pra" As Complete Source. I Didn't Wanted To Loose The Sanskrit Aspect Of The Word So I Choose A Font That Defines & Symbolizes Clearly The Relation Between The Word (PRA).

  • Net : An Important Aspect Of My Name(Part Of Name) & Surname (Ancestral Profession)


    • When I Came Up With This Idea Of Making Artwork Of My Name It Was Very Very Clear That Artwork Should Have "Net" In It, As Its An Important & Integral Part Of  My Ancestral Profession That Was Followed Till Generation Of My Grand Parents  Which Was Used To Catch Fish.
    • Today Working In Entertainment Industry & Trying To Incorporate Information Technology In This Field Even I Am Dependent On "Net" (Internet).
    • The Difference Is, My Ancestors Would Catch Fish With Net & I Catch Information With Net.
  • Koli : Spider 
    • According To Few Theories The Name "Koli" Came From The Fact That The Nets Fishermen  Used Had Deep Resemblance To The Web Of A Spider. 
    • So By Default The Fishermen Who Just Like Spider Would Use The Web To Catch Its Prey Were Termed As "Koli" .
    • So The Spider Will Be Used To Symbolize The Word Koli.

Colour Combination:

  • As The Word  Pra - Net - Koli  i.e. Source - Net - Spider.
    •  So To Define Source White Color Was Decided 
    • The Design Needed To Define The Use Of Net Which Gathers Their Prey From Infinity i.e. Infinite Oceans Or Infinite Information Of World Wide Web Hence An Infinite Effect Of Source (White)  Through Black Was Used As It Represents Infinity. 
    • Spider Was To Be Symbolic Hence It Should Not  Overpower The Name Or Background It Should Be Symbol Of Innocence Of Koli Community Hence Even It Was Defined In Pure White.
  • Final Layout:
    • The Final Layout Would Be The Net In The Center Of The Source To Replicate Its Importance To Me & My Profession, As Well As To Define Its Importance In My Ancestral Profession & My Surname.
    • Pra Would Conjoined With Net To Symbolise Unified Name "Pranet" & Spider (Koli) Will Follow.

- Pranet M. Koli.
pranetkoli@thegrass.in

No comments: