Friday, July 15, 2011

Me & My Gurus...


I Have Worked In Many Fields At Different Portfolios Throughout My Career. I Have Learned Different Things From Different People Whom I Refer As My Gurus.

They Are:

1. Mrs Vaishali My History Teacher Who Taught Me That "History Is Not A Subject But The Happenings All Around Us, Each Passing Second Is Creating A History So Be Prepared To Write Your Name In Golden Words On This Passing Moment."

2. My Second Guru I Consider Is My Friend Mehtab Who Taught Me To Never Give Up...... When All Wanted Me To Quit He Was The Only Support I Had Who Made Sure I Get Prepared For My Exams And Pass Out With Many Of his Scientific Techniques When Nobody Had Any Hopes Of Me Writing Exams Due To Illness.

3. My Third Guru I Think Was A Person Who Didnt Teach Me Something That He Was Expert In And Didnot Wanted Me To Learn It. So I Sat Down And Went From Basic To Learn That Thing Without Any Help He Taught Me "If We Want Learn We Have To Learn It Yourself No One Will Be Teaching Us Other Than Yourself Because The Determination When We Learn Yourself Doesnot Exists When Somebody Else Teaches Us".

4. My Fourth
Guru Would Be Mr. Abhishek Chaugule.Who Taught Me The Minutes Of Computer Hardware And More Than A Guru He Was A Friend And A Guide Because He Always Encouraged Me To Experiment On Different Hardware Combinations  And Different Software's.

5. My Fifth Guru Would Be A Professor From My Collage Who Nearly Broke Me Mentally, Whose Deed I Would Not Reveal Anytime Soon But I Know I Still Work In "IT" Field To Prove Him That I Donot Need People Like Him To Teach Me Technology If He Cant Go Beyond Books..........

6. My Sixth Guru
Would Be Mr. Atul Deo With Whom I Worked 2 yrs. He Brought Me To The World Of Events With Him I Learned "To Work In This Industry You Have To Be Ready To Work 120 hrs At A Stretch And Be Ready To Work At Any Position During This 120 Hrs Stretch, Be It Event Executive/Event Manager/ Coordinator/ Assistant / Spot, In Short Be Ready To Lead Or Even To Sweep During Live Events, He Unleashed My Strategy Making And Management Skills That I Enjoy Today".

7. My Seventh
Guru Would Be My Friends Who Misguided Me To Go Against Everyone Who Supported Me And Then I Got To See My Rock Bottom Of My Life That Span Taught Me That You Just Have To Trust Yourself And Not Depend On Others If You Are Doing Something Big You Should Not Leap Forward If You Donot Trust Yourself More Than Anybody And In That Span I Got To Know Who My Best Friends Were And Who Were There Just To Hang Around.

8. My Eight
Guru Is Mr. Aadesh Bandekar Who Is An Institution In Himself He Taught Me The Minute Details Of Event And Television Production Working With Him I Get To Learn New Details Of Television And Shooting And Also The Details Of Direction Which I Always Knew No Academy Or Course Will Help Me Learn Than The Real Experience I Get Working With Him. The Confidence And Faith He Puts On Me Boost My Confidence To Another Level.
 
9. My Ninth Guru Would Be Angel & DQ  As I Called Them, They Made Me More Calm And Focused Than What I Was Few Years Back, I Was Bit Short Tempered But Now I Am Lot Relaxed And Chilled Out Because Of DQ.

10. My Tenth Gurus Are The People Whom I Studied & Idolised... 

  •  Herr Fuhrer - He Fought All Odds To Safeguard & Furnish His Nation To Its Ultimate Glorious Days Which His Fatherland Had Never Saw. May Be To Restore One's Country's Honour & Pride He Had To Take Some Decisions Which Were Cruel But It Also Focuses That Country Should Always Be One's First Priority Individuals Can Be Worked Later....
  • Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj - The Mountain Rat As Termed By The Mughals Taught Us  How Even With Handful Of Resources One Could Dream Of Big Feats & Successfully Fulfill Them With Proper Planning & Great Team Work.
  • Bhagat Singh - A Great Revolutionary Gave His Life To Give Birth To Thousands Dead Souls A New Life Of Revolution For This Nations Freedom...
  • Netaji Subash Chandra Bose - The Real Father Of Nation (India) His Act Of Uncompromising Love For His Motherland & Assembling An Fight From No Where Even When His Own Countrymen Were Playing Politics Against Him & Wanting Him To Be Killed But Against All Odds He Not Only Lead His Army But Rose From Nowhere To Be Victorious With Proper Strategy But Fell Prey To Dirty Indian Politics...
  • Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.- One Of The Most Sincere & Dedicated Person Yet Totally Ground To Earth He Teaches Us How We Can Achieve Great Things Yet Stay Firmly On Ground...
  • Saurav Ganguly (DADA) - The Greatest Captain Teaches How A Team Is Build By Individuals & How One Has To Stand Firm Behind His Team & Individuals Irrespective Of Any Form Or Failure....
  • Bill Gates - A Failure At University & The Biggest Billionaire The World Has Seen Teaches Us To Carry Our Work Irrespective Of Grades Or Failures Because Only Failures Know The Achievement Of Success & Success Does Not Bind Itself On A Piece Of University Paper....
  • Google - A Challenge I Would Like To Face But In The Field I Want To... The Only Target In My Dreams That Keeps Me Going Hopefully One Day I Will Achieve It With My Team...
  • Mark Zuckerberg - "Necessity Is The Mother Of All Inventions" & Mark Has Proved It Right Once Again....


11. My Final Gurus Will Be My Parents Who Not Only Supported My Decision To Work Independently On A Field Which Most People Did not Even Knew At That Time. My Dad Said Whatever You Do Make Sure You Do It With Your Heart And Give 100 % And Get To The Top Of Your Field And Since Then I Have Been Trying To Do So & Establish My Name Wherever I Go……

Pranet M. Koli.
(pranetkoli@thegrass.in)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY BORO ITS TOO GOOD TO READ AND INSIRING FOR ME ....